Chaitra Navratri 2017 sets off with one of the most important of things which is Ghatsthapna or Kalashsthapna. It usually involves setting up a jar of water and installing it in order to appease Goddess Shakti.
In order to avoid all that and to experience a smooth sailing this Navratri , kindly go through the puja procedure as well as the Ghatsthapna Muhurat and leave nothing to chance.
|Ghatsthapana Muhurat Date||Ghatsthapana Muhurat Time|
|28th March 2017||08:28:49 am to 10:23:16 am|
Puja Procedure (Poojan Vidhi): Ghat Sthapana and other Puja Rituals
On the Navratri Day 1, you are required to take a bath in the morning and vow soberly. Then, make an altar with fertile earth and sow barley in it. On this altar, place your kalash filled with sacred water. This will be your ‘ghatsthapana’. Place Kalash in front of Maa Durga’s idol. While you are performing all the puja rituals, make sure that you keep the Akhand Jyoti lit (a ghee lamp that alights for 24 hours constantly). While worshipping, keep all the ingredients required for worshipping in an east facing direction. After this, perform the rituals according to the instructions given below:
Chant the below mentioned mantra, and sprinkle water on yourself as well as the puja ingredients.
“Om Apavitrah Pavitro va Sarvavastham Gatoapi va |
Yah Smaret Pundarikaksham Sa Bahyantarah Shuchih ||
ॐ अपवित्र: पवित्रो वा सर्वावस्थां गतोअपी वा |
य: स्मरेत पुण्डरीकाक्षं स बाह्यंतर: शुचि:||
- Keep Akshat (sacred rice mixed with turmeric and red vermillion, used for blessing), flower, and keep some water in your palms, while praying to the divinity.
- Perform the rituals diligently.
- Perform aarti, and then distribute the prasad amongst everyone.
- During Navratri, worship little girls (1 to 7 girls), and serve them food with some offerings.
- If the above mentioned ritual cannot be done regularly, it’s advised that on the last Navratri (Navmi), worship 9 girls and give them offerings.
- In the Kanya Pujan (Worshipping of Girls), make sure that you only worship girls aged between 1 to 9.
- In the 9 days of navratri, Durga Saptshati and aparajita lessons are believed to manifold the blessings of the divine on you.