“ATTENTION!”, all nature-lovers, photography enthusiasts and all people who do not fall into the aforementioned two categories. Do you have an idea to spread awareness about social issues in an innovative manner? The Green-Go Short Film Contest is here to give you a platform to prove your mettle and spread awareness at the same time.
What’s the Green-Go short film contest all about?
Participants have to make a short film (not exceeding 4 minutes) of any genre on any of the three topics given below:
- Build Green, Live Green (Green Infrastructure)
- The Last Day on Earth? (Earth Overshoot Day)
- Your Europe in 2050 (Europe Budget)
Who is eligible to participate?
People of all ages and nationalities are eligible to participate.
How do I participate in the contest?
- COMPLETELY fill out the online application form for contest films!
- The films should not be longer than 4 minutes. The shorter the better. Aim for 60-90 seconds.
- Films can be of any genre (cartoon, animation, puppet film, documentary, interviews, etc.)
- Send us the original film file (in any film format) via the below detailed file transfer websites in high resolution (at least 720 px wide)
- Besides the film file send the following files via WeTransfer(up to 2GB file size) or via My Air Bridge(up to 20 GB file size):
- time-coded subtitle file in English (.srt format). A separate time-coded subtitle file must be attached also to films without dialogues but with floating titles/texts. Only English subtitles are accepted!
- 3 screenshots from the short film (.jpg format)
- One applicant can only submit a maximum of three films (separate online application should be filled out for each)
- Send all the material to firstname.lastname@example.org
On what basis will the winners be selected?
- The received short films will be selected based on:
- creativity and
- strength of social, environmental and conservation messages
- potential impact on citizens and decision makers
The films will be evaluated by a jury consisting of film professionals and NGO members. In each category, the jury will announce ONE winner on 23 October 2017.
- Category winners: gift voucher worth 500 EUR each in an acclaimed online store.
- One public award for the film collecting the most votes on the Green-Go website: gift voucher worth 200 EUR in an acclaimed online store.
The winners of each of the three categories will be decided by a jury by 23 October. Please be aware if any of the criteria mentioned above is not met, the application will not be accepted!