About the Program :
Kishore Vaigyanik protshahan yojana (KVPY)’ is an initiative of Department of Science & Technology Government of India (GOI) for those who are willing to make their career in basic sciences. The main aim of this program is to encourage students to come in the field of research. Fellowships & contingency grant is provided to selected KVPY fellows up to Pre Phd level. Currently Indian Institute of sciences (IISC) controlling the examination & all issues related to KVPY.
Eligibility for the program :
*Applicants must be Indian Nationals enrolled in Indian institutes for their education.
*There are three streams in which currently students can get KVPY fellowship
- Stream SA: Students who are enrolled in class 11th (with science subjects) in the academic year 2017-18 & having secured a minimum of 75% marks in their class 10th examination (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Mathematics & science subjects. Also, the fellowship will be given only to those students who will join some basic science courses (physics/chemistry/Mathematics) in the academic session of 2019-20 & also they must have secured minimum 60% in their class 12th examination(50%for SC/ST/PWD).
- Stream SX: Students who are enrolled in class 12th (with science subjects) in the academic year 2017-18 & aspiring to join undergraduate courses of basic sciences namely physics/chemistry/biology under the courses B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. for the session 2018-19 provided that they have secured minimum of 75% in their 10th examination (65% for SC/ST/PWD). Also, they must secure 60% marks aggregate (50%for SC/ST/PWD) in +2 examination.
- Stream SB: Students enrolled in 1st year of undergraduate program in basic sciences namely physics/chemistry/maths & Biology leading to B.Sc/B.stat/B.Math/Int. MSC with minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) & also have secured 60% in their 12th board examination.
Purpose & Awards:
* SA/SB/SX(During 1st to 3rd yrs of all basic science courses): monthly fellowship of inr 5000 & annual contingency grant of inr 20,000.
*SA/SB/SX(During 4th to 5th year of integrated M.sc.): monthly fellowship of inr 7,000 & annual contingency grant of inr 28,000
How to Apply for the Fellowship:
* Visit the official website of KVPY & submit the form.
* Application can be done online only.
* Selection will be through Aptitude test & Interview Organised by the Institution.
Important Dates regarding the fellowship:
Portals will start from : 9th of july,2017
Last Date to apply: 23rd of August,2017
Apply Using this link : KVPY